Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Huppah and more shoe clips

Last week I posted about this quilt that I made as a wedding present, and I wanted to show you a picture from the wedding:
This is the huppah with both tallits (prayer shawls) draped on it.  I constructed the huppah canopy (from an IKEA sheet!), which was fun.  And it didn't fall on anyone, so that's good.  
It was a beautiful wedding.  
They loved the quilt.  
The bride asked me to show it to her 93-year-old grandmother, whose late husband's prayer shawl hangs on the right side.  That was awesome.

Had another set of shoe clips to show you.  
My mom went with me to both the wedding and Quilt Market, and she asked me to make her some shoe clips too.  (Here's mine if you haven't seen them)

So here's mom's shoes with the clips.  Just a simple bow with a pair of earrings destroyed to make the center stone.  Very easy, but very cute.
Here's the back.  I see more shoe clips in my future.....

If you arrived here by searching for how to construct a huppah, e-mail me and I'll be glad to help you out.

No comments:

Post a Comment