Thursday, November 3, 2011

Spider Progress

I decided a while back to start a spider selvage quilt.
{I'm not sure what I was thinking... I'm never going to have enough selvages to finish this!}
But I really, really like it.  I'm enjoying working on it little by little.  It's my go-to project when I'm stressed and just want to work on something for a while.
Here's how many I have so far.   Each block is 8.5" square.  I'm using Bonnie Hunter's method.

I'm using selvages with about 3/4 of an inch of the fabric on it.  If you have any selvages you'd be willing to donate to the cause, please let me know!  I'd be glad to send you some (selvageless) fabric in return.

6 comments:

  1. This is one of those projects that you can put on hold and then pull out when you have another pile of selvedges built up. It looks great so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I'll start saving for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How long of a selvage do you need? Most of my stash isn't much more than a 1/4 or 1/3 of a yard, but I'd be happy to cut them off and send them to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool! I agree...It would take quite a while to get enough selvages.

    Vicki @ Quilting Lodge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome job! I keep seeing spiderweb quilts, and I just might have to try that sometime. I love the way the selvages look ... Super!

    ReplyDelete