Monday, August 8, 2011

Posting at Moda Bake Shop

Hi friends! 

Last week I posted a tidbit of stuff to come, 
and I'm glad to tell you that my pattern is posting today at Moda Bake Shop!


Click on over and check it out!  And while you are there, will you please (PLEASE!) leave a comment?  Thanks ever so much.

If you wanted to make the same quilt larger, you could make it from 30 squares.
To do this, you'd need 2 3/4 yards sashing and 1/2 yard of binding.
Finished size would be approximately 65" x 73".
Make 5 columns of 6 blocks each.

And I wanted to show you what I made with the leftover layer cake squares as well.  You know, I can't just leave unused squares alone.... I had to create something.


a cute mom-around-town bag....


with a green zebra lining!

Keep watching, there's a (FREE) pattern on the way!

8 comments:

  1. Will have to pop over there, love the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Wendy!! Looks great, going to check it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to have the info on the other sizes.....where will it be?

    It's a very cute block, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations and I love your quilt. It is so cute and I think it would look great in an adult size too. I love your bag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey there. I love this quilt. I do have a question. I am new to quilting and do not know how to do the swirly quilting....I only know how to do straight lines :(....can you suggest a way to quilt this so that it would be interesting since I am not able to do the swirls. or maybe I would just need to take it to someone to have them do it? or maybe I just need to learn....lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed your tutorial at the Moda Bake Shop. I will have to try this pattern, it turned out so cute. The bag is cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually became a fan because I saw your quilt on Moda Bake Shop. I love this quilt - its so happy! And I love the bag too. I can't wait to make both of them myself.

    ReplyDelete