Monday, December 28, 2009

What I'm working on this week...

I love Christmas. I also love the week after Christmas. It's when you get to start on all the fun things you were putting off until after Christmas.....
I'm separating up the squares for the fall and Christmas swaps. So fun. I LOVE swaps. I LOVE doing the work on them. All the giant piles of squares just bring me joy. And I love packaging them up to send out to the swappers.
I'm working on a quilt for my bed. I have the basic block laid out and I'm happy with it, and I've been steadily working on cutting out the squares. I bought the coolest fabric to use for the backing. Very excited about that.
And you'll notice I'm using more of my Michael Miller Word Search. I tell you, I'm obsessed with that fabric.....

And if I didn't have enough to do, I am now compelled to start this project because it seems like a good option for the tons of artwork produced at my house every day.....

I'm getting ready to post 2 things I'm very excited about: my 100th post and a Valentine's swap! And there will be some sort of giveaway on the 100th post.... and I'm going to tell you a little more about why I started this blog. And for those who don't want to read about that, I'll put in some pretty pictures!

So what are you working on this week?

3 comments:

  1. oh I love that Micheal Miller fabric too! looks great all cut up into pieces and put back together again! I like that project you linked to...will need to keep it in mind myself...our refrigerator is pretty bogged down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a cuddle blanket for a friend who is having a baby and my toddler loved the plush fabric so much that I decided to make her one, too. I am very excited about it.
    How did you do that block? I have not used triangles yet. I am hoping to take a quilting class in January if I can come up with the enrollment fee. I LOOOOOOVE quilting but since I am self-taught, I have a lot to learn.
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wendy, I've been meaning to ask, I never received my fall and Christmas swaps. Did they get sent out? or are they still "in progress"?

    ReplyDelete