Monday, November 22, 2010

Aunt Grace

You see one of my wonderful colleagues is a quilter. And she has quilter friends. And one day they decided to combine their excess and have a sale. And it was blissful. I bought quite a few things for very little money. Don' t hate me.


One of the things I came home with was a quilt that she had started in on. The tub said Aunt Grace (it also said $3.00) and it was full of 1930's reproductions. From what I can gather up, this was a line of fabric produced in the mid 1990's. 



But as soon as I saw it, I wanted to "rescue" the quilt. I've always wanted to do a reproductionish quilt, you see? and so I thought it would be great for our bee....



As I went through the box:



I found some blocks already constructed....

DSCF7316


I found some things sewed together...

DSCF7315


I found quite a few squares already cut....

DSCF7313


I found some triangles cut.....

DSCF7314


I found some strips already cut....

DSCF7312


and some larger chunks..

DSCF7317


And only one piece with a readable selvedge...

DSCF7318


and a couple of foreign coins and a Chuck E Cheese token. Bonus!

DSCF7310


The already constructed blocks are between 5" and 6" square, so I'm going to put borders on them to make them 8" blocks. 



I purchased a few yards of Kona Bone.

DSCF7311


I'm sending packets of this out to one of my online quilting bees, and collectively we're going to rescue the quilt!

I can't wait to get the results back.  I promise to show and tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment