Friday, December 10, 2010

What I got to do today

I have a niece who asked me to help her make some hair clips.  
Now, I LOVE requests like that.  You know, ones that make me feel useful and mean that I get to spend time with someone special crafting...  
 So we made these clips.  
The flower ones are made from felt using this tutorial, which was fantastic!

As long as we had everything out, we made some headbands for her as well.


My niece has naturally curly long dark hair, and I think this will look fabulous on her!
Yes, I'm jealous of her hair too....

We determined this one was our favorite.  It's on a clear headband.

This one may be a hair clip... and it might be a pin for a jacket.  
The plaid is cut from a wide ribbon with a woodburning tool.

I love these.  Very simple, but they will be nice in my hair.
Of course I had to make a couple of things for myself!

And my oldest got into it as well.  She designed this herself!  
I put it together for her, but I am really impressed with her eye for design!

The black glitter felt didn't photograph as neat as it looks in person.  All the felt I used came from Hobby Lobby.  I am heading back over there as soon as I can to get some more...
I'm going to whip up a few more for Christmas presents!

2 comments: