Sunday, May 8, 2011

my creations from the last few days..


So the last few days have been pillow crazy.  I had some gifts to complete and decided to get them all done at one time.
This one was one I did for my niece to give her coach.  It's pieced into the zebra design.

And this is for her other coach.  She drew the picture of the bulldog and the softball and I made her drawing into the pillow.

Cute, eh? I used my open-toe applique foot, and I was impressed at how much easier it made the applique.  Perhaps I like applique after all?
I decided to play around with zippered bags.  
I have seen so many pretty ones in blogland, and I had to give it a try. 
I fear zippers, you see... and so this was a big step.
I used this tutorial, more or less.
And you know what?  It was EASY!

Love me some lime green lining.

The wonderful thing about creating things for other people is that it  allows me to think differently... somehow it opens up my mind to new ideas!  And so after the first zebra one, I made this for my mom.

She loves red and white, and she also loves zebra.  I hope she loves this as well.
I played around with the quilting more to give it a texture.

And then I used the off-cuts to make this.
And I had to make the lining fun.
On this one, I gusseted the corners so that it sits up on its own.

If you are related to me and recently had a birthday, don't scroll down....







Finally, I finished up this project.  I love how it turned out!

11 comments:

  1. These pillows and bags are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link to this tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that ruffle pillow. The zip bag is cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the ruffled pillow, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha, i also love the ruffle pillow. Great minds. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the ruffled pillow. Which makes me like the 4th person here to say so. :)

    zucchinisummer at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that last one, there's just something about ruffles...love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm here from SMS....man you have been busy! Love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute ruffle pillow. Im here from SMS

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the ruffle one. It looks like you've been busy the last couple of days. Here for SMS too

    ReplyDelete