Friday, January 13, 2012

I needed to get started quickly on a baby quilt, and I love this design by Oh Fransson!, so I decided to adapt her stars to a baby quilt size.....
Here it is all laid out.  You can't imagine how many times I had to rearrange it because a child or dog walked across it again....  but eventually I got them all in place at one time.
Each square is 3.5", and my layout is 11 squares by 12 squares.

The requirements for the quilt were "mostly not pink, only using pink as accents sparingly"
What do you think?

 Now they are all stacked up and labeled to be sewn into rows.

6 comments:

  1. pretty! I like this design! Can you point me towards the pattern? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this and want so badly to do it, but my to-do list is full. Ah well, some day! Yours is looking lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I wanted to make one of these too, but I haven't the extra time right now. Aren't pets so helpful when sewing? My cat always has to flop right in the middle of everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh..this is going to be soooo wonderful when you get it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!

    A trick I read somewhere when trying to lay out a quilt.....first lay down one of those plastic picnic table cloths, the kind with a flannelish back. Lay it down upside down. Place the quilt pieces. When it it time to quit, roll up the table cloth. When you want to work on it again, just unroll the tablecloth.

    I've tried it and it works well. Especially for me, whose only work space is the dining room table or the living room floor. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love this! It looks so good! Totally a great baby quilt!

    ReplyDelete