Saturday, February 6, 2010

Crib Bumper

So I had a master plan for my youngest daughter's bedding. I wanted to do something that would be useful for longer than a year..... So here is what I came up with.

I started with a pattern for a twin-sized quilt. Made up the blocks, and then made 6 extras. I put away the quilt blocks, and then used the 6 extras to construct this:
So it's 12" tall and long enough to go around 2 sides of the crib. I put some small sashing between the blocks to make the length come out right. Backed it in some white muslin since the back didn't show.
Quilted it.
Loops on the big blocks and stippled everywhere else.
and then I sewed ribbons into the binding to attach it to the crib. Easy! And quick!
Now here's the cool part. I made a window treatment to match it, and it will not only match the crib bedding, it will match her big-girl bedding as well... {will post about the window treatment soon... and the quilt! and what I'm going to transform the bumper into.... stay tuned!}

Here she is wrapped up in part of the twin-sized quilt I'm working on for her first birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment