Friday, April 23, 2010

Quilting the beast...

I started quilting this quilt with fear and trepidation! I've been putting it off because it's huge. I mean HUGE! It measures about 85" by 110" and it's by far the largest thing I've machine quilted. But I gathered up my courage and began quilting the beast....I did a spiral / cinnamon roll pattern in each square, and I've been pleased with it. I'll stipple the border and then see if it needs more thread in it.
This quilt is going to be for my husband. He requested something extra large since he's a tall person and blankets are always too short for him.

1 comment:

  1. I'm amazed you're quilting something so large on a home sewing machine. I struggle with baby quilts. I have done one large one and it was the first and last. Your strings are fantastic. My son also asks that if I make him a quilt (which I have) that it covers him.

    ReplyDelete