Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Another bee.....


I started a quilting bee a month ago. And it's all organized and going for the year...... and I'm so excited about it that I thought I'd start one more!

This one is an Improvisational Quilting Bee, so all the blocks need to be improvisational. So instead of sending out a pattern or specific instructions, you'll send out something a little more vague like "do something with flying geese" or "I like squares" or "something with a fussy cut and a log cabin design" This way, the members get a chance to experiment and quilt in an improvisational way, and what is returned to you reflects not only what you asked for but the specific awesomeness of each member!

ABOUT.... A quilting bee is a group of people who sew blocks for each other. You send out instructions and fabric to the group. And everyone else in the group sews blocks for your quilt on your month. Usually there are 12 people in a quilting bee, and the commitment lasts for a year.

RESPONSIBILITIES... Every month you would make 2 blocks for another group member and mail those blocks to that person. One month in the year you would purchase fabric and send it and instructions to all group members. Since it is a year-long commitment, please think carefully about whether or not you can make 2 blocks each month for a year.

POSTING.... I'll be creating a flickr group for this quilting bee. I'll ask each member to post their inspiration quilts, their fabrics, and their completed blocks on the flickr group.

TO SIGN UP... please send me an e-mail to wendyleep {at} gmail {dot} com with the following information: your name, your physical address, your e-mail address, and your blog address, your flickr screen name, and your preferred month between May 2010 and April 2011.

12 people can sign up to participate. I'll also take a couple of alternates in case someone drops out during the year.

Looking forward to a year full of fun!! And if you have questions, please comment or e-mail me!

update: the bee is now full.

5 comments:

  1. Yes count me in! Sounds just like me, i can do improv... great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Can we get this logo as a badge to add to our blogs? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun. Let think on it first..

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just sent you an email...I'd love to play

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still looking for group members?

    ReplyDelete