Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Blue is wrong for roses

Finished and bound.  
Boy, do I love this quilt!
Here's the links to some "in progress" pics on this one.....  early and medium-finished
I quilted the roses in a swirl pattern, each in a thread matching pretty close.
In the green, I quilted leaves and loops in a medium green color.
I am thrilled with how it turned out.  
The backing is a green and blue batik that I think was once my cousin's sarong (thanks, Monica!).
The binding is a Moda swirl. I like how it frames the quilt.
and it even got a label.

I'm linking this one up to Quiltstory's Fabric Tuesday -- click through and go see some of the other fabulous projects!

14 comments:

  1. Oh your quilting just made the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! The colors and quilting really make this quilt sing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turned out BEAUTIFUL!! I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one gorgeous quilt!! The quilting turned out perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. blue might be wrong but it's beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous. Great quilting. thanks.

    Is there a pattern for the roses?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it!!! It is just a beautiful quilt!!!

    KT

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it too! Blue roses, who would have thought? Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice! And give some love to those blue roses, they are great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it. It is beautiful and the blue roses are pretty! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I love this quilt! A little funky and very fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The whole quilt is gorgeous! Really stunning!

    ReplyDelete