Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Eclipse quilt

I finished a quilt I've been working on.
It's made with this pattern:  Eclipse by Sandy Brewer of Quilt Country
It's a good pattern, comes in 2 sizes, I made the larger one.

It's the first one that I have gotten tired of quilting before I got finished.
I love machine quilting, and usually I'm sad to get finished with a project. 
Not this one.
I used 1500 yards of thread in the quilting, and it's just a twin-size quilt! 
I love the finished product!

And the light was really neat to take pics.  There's 20 different batik prints in there.

There are 4 full circles in the quilt, and they are done in spirals. 

The rest is done in a chaos texture, which made it really shrink up pretty.

You can see it better from the back of the quilt.

So here's what I learned from this quilt:
1.  I really like curved piecing
2.  This is a quick quilt, even though it doesn't necessarily look like it
3.  I am always glad when I take a chance on more daring quilting!

Linking up to 
Anything Related


  1. Beautiful quilt Wendy!!! Lovely colors! The quilting is perfect for the design.

  2. Wow ~ I found your blog off of another blog and I'm just blown away by your quilts everytime. You make me want to learn how to do it!

  3. I really like this one! The colors are great and the curves are easy once you get into the rhythm of sewing them.

  4. this is stunning! totally inspiring.

  5. Wow - this is beautiful! Do you have a trick for sewing the curves?

  6. Wow. This quilt is very pretty. I love those colors.

  7. I love this quilt. It looks so lunar.

  8. I had to comment when I saw how beautiful this quilt came out. I took a class on curved piecing. It wasn't the hardest thing I have ever tried but I didn't really enjoy it. So my project remains in the box waiting for me to take it out again some day. I think I will try again after seeing how beautiful your quilt is.

  9. Very pretty, I love the colors!

  10. The colors in your quilt are amazing!

  11. I really love the colors and the eclipse concept - really nicely done!