Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Eclipse quilt

I finished a quilt I've been working on.
It's made with this pattern:  Eclipse by Sandy Brewer of Quilt Country
It's a good pattern, comes in 2 sizes, I made the larger one.

It's the first one that I have gotten tired of quilting before I got finished.
I love machine quilting, and usually I'm sad to get finished with a project. 
Not this one.
I used 1500 yards of thread in the quilting, and it's just a twin-size quilt! 
I love the finished product!

And the light was really neat to take pics.  There's 20 different batik prints in there.

There are 4 full circles in the quilt, and they are done in spirals. 

The rest is done in a chaos texture, which made it really shrink up pretty.

You can see it better from the back of the quilt.

So here's what I learned from this quilt:
1.  I really like curved piecing
2.  This is a quick quilt, even though it doesn't necessarily look like it
3.  I am always glad when I take a chance on more daring quilting!

Linking up to 
Anything Related

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt Wendy!!! Lovely colors! The quilting is perfect for the design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ~ I found your blog off of another blog and I'm just blown away by your quilts everytime. You make me want to learn how to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this one! The colors are great and the curves are easy once you get into the rhythm of sewing them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is stunning! totally inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - this is beautiful! Do you have a trick for sewing the curves?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. This quilt is very pretty. I love those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this quilt. It looks so lunar.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to comment when I saw how beautiful this quilt came out. I took a class on curved piecing. It wasn't the hardest thing I have ever tried but I didn't really enjoy it. So my project remains in the box waiting for me to take it out again some day. I think I will try again after seeing how beautiful your quilt is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty, I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The colors in your quilt are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love the colors and the eclipse concept - really nicely done!

    ReplyDelete