Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Some quilting work

Today I got to work on something I HOPE to do a lot more of:  quilting other's work!

These were for my dear friend Jessica who is a doll for trusting me with her creations!

The pink is made from her daughter's receiving blankets!  I love that!  
They are all flannel, so it has a wonderful soft texture. 

I wanted very much for my quilting to reflect Jessica's vision for these pieces. 
I added loopy hearts in a spiral in the squares  
and some loopy free quilting on the border.
I had to put in at least one special detail.  The double heart is for Jessica and her daughter, and I put the daughter's first initial (M) in the border quilting.

Such a neat piece!  I'm so thankful to be a part of it.

The other is a wall hanging for her daughter's room:
And I love the colors and how it turned out with the echo quilting.  
The binding is a yellow and black print that really frames it beautifully.

Do you have quilt tops you'd like to send me to machine quilt?  
Send me a message at wendyleep {at} gmail dot com and I'd be glad to talk to you about it!

6 comments:

  1. This pink heart quilt is delightful. I love the swirls and double hearts. What a lucky little girl M is. I hope she keeps it forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilting. Such a pretty pink quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!!! Love the hearts you quilted into it! I am just learning free motion and it is hard! Beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome quilting! I wish I could do that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you quilted all those hearts! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete