Wednesday, March 24, 2010

black and white blocks

Yesterday I took an hour or so to just sew creatively, without a plan or a real purpose. Sometimes I just need to do that.....

anyway, I sat down with my black and white box and 6 different colors, and here is what I came up with:
And I landed on a happy accident -- these blocks that look like a window:
They are my FAVORITE!! But now I don't know what to do. Help!
So I have 3 window blocks that I LOVE. And in total I have 13 blocks made. So should I....

1. Make more of the window ones to complete a whole window quilt?
2. Use it all together and just accept that the window ones are my favorite?

and.... should I add more colors? if so, which ones?

4 comments:

  1. Love it!!! I say keep it all, and keep playing. Not all windows have those crosses in them!! Go where your creativity takes you though!! Great job!!
    Blessings,
    KT

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think you should stay the course. i think they are all lovely...maybe at some point you will find you have blocks for an interesting front and back of a quilt with lots of color squares added or lots of white squares added? I like the window looks too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the window blocks too! I would do a whole quilt of them. The colors you're working with look great together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should go for making a house with what you have. I would love to see it landscaped in black and white and the primary colors you've used. If you can't find another spot for the other blocks, just whack them up and use them for the border. Or repiece the whacked up ones into the flower beds or something. Just keep playing. You're on a wonderful track! (I can just see a pink or yellow (or both) sky.)

    ReplyDelete