Still working on string quilts. I wanted to experiment with quilting on these, and I had 10 extra blocks from my big string quilt. And so I made 2 more to make this:I think it's going to be another donation quilt. I really like it, but I think it's a neat piece to donate to the silent auction. It's a good baby quilt size, and it would be lovely for a little boy or a little girl. I used straight-line quilting, which is not my favorite, but it worked well here.
I bound it in a red dot, and I used an apple-printed flannel for backing. The quilt itself is so heavy that I didn't use batting. It gives the quilt a slightly different feel, but I think it would be great as a summer baby blankie.
I really enjoyed this project!