Before I had children, I cooked more elaborate things.
Now, I'm usually looking for something that's easy and quick and looks elaborate.
Oh, and tastes good. So here's one of those recipes.
Cake on a plate
1 family size brownie mix (plus whatever it tells you to add)
1 peanut butter cookie mix (plus whatever it tells you to add)
1 cup chocolate chips
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup powdered sugar
a little milk
1. Bake the brownies and peanut butter cookies as directed.
2. Find a biscuit cutter a little smaller than your cookie size and cut out round brownies. Cut as many as you have cookies.
3. Melt the chocolate chips with butter in the microwave. Add the powdered sugar and a small amount of milk (about a tablespoon). Mix. It should be glossy, not stiff.
4. Put the icing into a ziploc baggie, zip it, and snip off a corner. Use this to put a small amount on each cookie to "glue" the brownie on top. Then make a little chocolatey design on top.
5. Enjoy your awesome (and creative) dessert!
If you make these, I'd love to hear what you think!