Wednesday, July 29, 2009

need your input, please!

Dear friends, I am in a pickle here......
I picked out this Starling fabric months ago for a baby quilt for a dear friend.
{Please Note that friend really likes birds.}
I like it. I've seen it on other things across blogland. Other people like it.
So I've completed the quilt top.....
And now I'm concerned. Do you like it? My husband doesn't. But I do. But I've been staring at it a while..... and I like the birds. He doesn't.
I was planning on binding it in the green print. But I have enough of the starling to bind it as well. I think I'm going to back it in the blue print.
Help! What do you think?

6 comments:

  1. I love the material. The patter is very cute with it too! I would add one more sash of a punchy colour like green, purple or orange to plus a contrast trim and I think it would be good to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! i love it so much. Totally, it's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's cute, but I would take the orange out of the 2 blocks and change it with the blue. And then bind it in either the green or blue. The orange just seems too bright for the rest of the quilt. Other than that, I love the birds too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay, here is my two cents...I think the large pink blocks are too pale with the other blocks..If you were going to reconstruct (and I never have time...I would say it is fine as it is)..I would make another of the bolder blocks and use 5 of them and use the pinks in the 4 spots..then maybe add a thin border in orange and then bind it up in the green! ? whatever...the reality is we are way more picky than the people receiving it..they will be soo blessed that you made them something...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would add another border and then bind it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. THe orange just takes all the attention...too much attention. I'd make them blue to match the other blocks. In the next quilt using that fabric, try all punchy colors...but not in this one.

    ReplyDelete