Monday, July 27, 2009

Stacked coin quilt

I've been meaning to do a post about the quilt that is in my banner, but I needed a good photography day to do it justice. Can I just say that I love this quilt?
I intended to make this to take to the hospital with me when my 2nd daughter was born. But she came early, and the quilt was only partly quilted. So I finished it up while she was still in the hospital. Stippling is the best therapy, you know?
It's entirely scraps. From my stash, my mom's stash, and my sister-in-law's stash. Even the back!
I like the back as its own quilt....

Here's a couple of closeups. The floral here is from a dress my mom made me in middle school.
The butterflies are in my daughter's big-girl bed quilt.
The jelly beans are one of my favorites, and they are from a quilt I donated. The black and white is from my mom's quilt.
Lots of fun memories in this one!

2 comments:

  1. Wendy,
    I love your scrap quilt. I just finishe a large scap top and didn't know what to put on the back. Love your idea.

    Kathleen Jones

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your stacked coins quilt! mmm The black in it really sets it off.

    ReplyDelete