Sunday, May 16, 2010

Opinion please.....

So I've been working on this quilt.....
forever, it seems like. Blogged here and here.
I've ripped out more seams on this goofy thing.... {sigh}

And it actually has 2 more borders now that what is pictured here, but I'm far too lazy to get an accurate picture of it. You can imagine, right?
It has a 5" border of the music notes, then a 4.5" border of the black dots. It's an oversized queen quilt, for my bed.

And since it's already been the Quilt Of Disasters so far, I'm terrified to quilt it. You know, we've managed to get this far, I'm afraid I'm going to screw it up and have to rip out quilting.

And you know I hate to rip out quilting.

So.......
Quilt it in black?
Or quilt it in "natural" also known as vaguely off white?
Keep in mind that the sashing is all the black and tan dots.

Or quilt it in something else entirely? I'm open to that as well. Thanks!!

7 comments:

  1. Why don't you quilt it with grey thread? I think that would go nicely too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quilt. I lean towards the natural thread, unless you really want to do some free motion quilting that you want the quilting design to pop out......but my favorite would be to blend it and let the design and these yummy fabrics pop.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd go with the naturals if it were me making it.

    Good luck finishing it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I like the natural better as well. The black kind of takes away from the music notes/newspaper looking fabric. But the natural doesn't seem to take away from any of them. It looks like it'll be a lovely quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! It looks great! I'd go with the natural. I think the black draws too much attention to the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I vote for natural...it looks great by the way!

    ReplyDelete