My daughter and I made an edible birdhouse this week and it was so much fun! I wanted to share......
You will need:
- a wooden birdhouse. I found one that was perfect at my local Dollar Tree. You can buy larger ones at any craft store.
- peanut butter
- nuts, dried fruit, fresh fruit, millet, or anything else birds will enjoy
- string or twine to hang your birdhouse
1. Start with a birdhouse. I suggest one with a ledge on the bottom so the birds can have something to stand on to eat the seeds. 2. Mix peanut butter and cornstarch to make a kind of mortar. You can use straight peanut butter, but it will be a little goopier.
3. Smear peanut butter onto the side of your birdhouse and push seed into it. This is really fun for kiddos! Small ones may need help with the smearing.