Sunday, May 17, 2009

My first quilt.....

So I decided to try quilting because my sister-in-law M had started quilting, and I thought it sounded cool. I used this site as a reference and jumped in with both feet.

M encouraged me to start with a very small quilt to get started and see how the whole thing comes together. So I made a quilt for my daughter:

Here it is in use....

I didn't start with a pattern (or a clue, for that matter!) But for some odd reason, I decided to start with triangles.... mostly becuase I found a tutorial somewhere that showed me how to match 2 squares, draw a line on the diagonal, and then seam on either side of that line. I did quilt it myself on my vintage Bernina, which I was glad to find had a darning foot in the little box that came with it!

So anyway, it was a good starting point for me. And G loves it for her dolls!

1 comment:

  1. I love to see "first" projects -- this one is absolutely adorable. Any doll would be happy to snooze under this adorable quilt:)

    ReplyDelete