Monday, May 18, 2009

Mini quilt Monday....

Well, I'm catching up on projects, trying to get to current day. So it's monday and I'm going to post some mini-quilts I created in my effort to learn to quilt!
So the monkey quilt... As I was finishing the adoption quilts, my daughter asked me when I'd make something for her. And I felt the pang of mommy-guilt. And I made her a monkey quilt for her babies. It's about 15" by 18" and her babies like it. It's not my favorite. I discovered I don't like working with flannel.
Next was the flamingo quilt. I wanted to experiment with a different backing. G's Blankie has a silky back, and I wanted to see if that kind of fabric could be quilted. This one is smaller, about 12" by 15". I love it. There are more of these for sale in my etsy shop.

1 comment:

  1. I love mini quilts for this very reason - trying something new.

    ReplyDelete