Monday, January 24, 2011

10 things I love about My Bedroom Quilt

This is probably the quilt I have made that I am most proud of, and I am thrilled to enter it in

Gen X Quilters

And I AM part of Gen X, by the way... in case you didn't know!

anyway, back to the quilt.  Here's 10 things I LOVE about it!

1.  I love that I made myself be meticulous.  Despite my hatred of seam ripping, I actually ripped a bunch of seams out to make these blocks perfect.
2.  I love that I tried to be creative!  I developed my own block for this quilt.  And even wrote a tutorial for it.  

3.  I love the very loud large scale backing.

3.  Even more, I love the piano key border on the top of the back that peeks out when you fold the top of the quilt over.

4.  I love the polka dot binding.

5.  I love that I quilted it myself on my Bernina 830 Record.  It's an oversized queen.  I wanted the quilting to be perfect and so I actually did practice quilt blocks and I agonized over thread color

6.  I love that I dared to accessorize!   I made this pillow, and it was part of a challenge.  I love it!  I kind of wish the whole quilt was done this way....
 7.  I love the giant block P pillow.  I've started into piecing letters.  My last name starts with a "P"...

8.  I love that in typical Wendy fashion, I didn't buy enough of any fabric and so I ran out of many of them and had to supplement.  I figure I'll never learn to plan ahead.  And did you know that a queen sized quilt takes a lot of fabric??!

9.  I love the Michael Miller Word Search fabric.  It's one of my absolute favorite fabrics and I wish I had a whole bolt of it.  Alas....

10.  I love that I spent 7 months on this quilt, off and on.  And that I finally, finally finished it up!


Oh, and I'd like to tell you I also love that I found sheets at IKEA that match perfectly... but that would be 11 things, which would be excessive, I think......

Thanks for Stopping by The Wendy City..... 

5 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous! Love the colors, pattern...........EVERYTHING!
    Thank you for sharing,
    Kelley O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love all the things you mentioned too! Like the piano - that's super cool. And kudos for seam ripping...you kow it would bug you endlessly if you hadn't.

    I'm adding your block tute to my Block Library - love it!

    Thanks for entering the Love Nest Quilt Contest and best of luck!

    AnneMarie @ Gen X Quilters

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is beautifully done! I am a beginning quilter and have developed a passion (like you) for quilting and a love of fabrics.
    Thanks for sharing your lovely quilt. It is an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely quilt! Love the modern pattern and fabric choice, if I hadn't already peaked at your profile I'd think you where from Scandinavia somewhere with this lovely design and the mention of Ikea ^^

    ReplyDelete